Music Life in Germany - an introduction to the German music industry
You have started your studies at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater, but you constantly wonder, how life and especially the German music industry works? In this course, you will get a short introduction to everything that might be interesting for you.
Topics include amongst others:
- Insurance system: Health insurance, social insurance system and the KSK (Künstlersozialversicherung)
- Important organisations for musicians: DOV (Deutsche Orchestervereinigung), DBV (Deutscher Bühnenverein), DKV (Deutscher Komponistenverband), TKV (Tonkünstlerverband)
- Working in Germany: How can I work and how much am I allowed to work as a foreign student/ EU / non EU-citizen? Freelance and permanent position
- Introduction to the tax system: Einkommenssteuer, Umsatzsteuer, Steuerfreibetrag, Finanzamt, Steuernummer, Steuer-ID
- Copyright collecting society: Gema, GVL
- What do I get paid as an orchestra musician / choir singer, freelance singer / musician, ensemble as music teacher
- Orchestras, Opera Houses in Germany and their financial system
- Important concert venues and concert management agencies in Munich
- What documents do I need to apply for a job?
You can of course bring all question you have about the German music industry to the course!
This course is especially for non-german students, who see their professional future in Germany and want to get a short introduction. We can't discuss everything in depth, but you will know definitley more about life in Germany afterwards!
Speaker: Anita Pongratz (Career Center HMTM)
Date (Number: 0101174)
- 20 November 2020, 9:00 - 11:00 am
- Where: G 4.105 (Gasteig)
- Open for max. 9 students
Registration for Alumni*a of the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München of the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich is possible, when you have graduated within the past 3 years. Please register via email to career[a]hmtm.de.